The Alloy Data Platform
The connected planning and execution platform for consumer goods companies
The Alloy Data Platform was built for data from across the consumer goods supply chain. Break down silos that separate your data, systems and teams with a unified architecture that integrates, harmonizes and enriches data from your partners and internal systems.
Connect with external systems to ingest and transform the latest data into meaningful, granular, metrics. Export to spreadsheets or other systems as desired.
- Sources: Alloy extracts data from your internal systems and your partners, including retailer portals, EDI files, ERP systems, data lakes, API endpoints, SFTPs, and emailed text files (.txt, .csv, .xslx)
- Retailer & distributor data: Store-level POS, inventory, orders, shipments, product and location master data, POS and shipment forecasts
- ERP data: DC on-hand levels & inventory targets, orders, shipments, product & location master data, shipping lanes, unit-of-measure conversion factors, POS and shipment forecasts
- Pre-built connections: Our library of source connections use RPA to continuously ingest data from internal and partner systems
- Validation: Alloy cleanses and verifies the recency and accuracy of data ingested from other systems
- Destinations: Export to CSVs or create links with other systems to push data from our cleansed database
Harmonize disparate data across internal and partner systems to create a unified representation of your supply chain from manufacturing to your consumer.
Product: Alloy creates a signature for each SKU so you can analyze products across supply chain tiers and partners that identify and organize them differently
○ Translate product IDs across different partners and your own master data
○ Pack size and unit-of-measure conversion (eaches, cases, volume, etc)
○ Product hierarchies
○ Additional product attributes (GTIN, colors, special editions, etc.)
Network: For each SKU, Alloy creates a digital map of how the product flows through your network along with tagging locations for geographical analysis
○ Locations and location types (plants, warehouses, stores, and ecommerce)
○ Shipment lanes
○ Lead times
○ DMAs, sales territories and Zip Codes
○ Custom location attributes (inventory targets, retail marketing, etc.)
○ Aggregate or disaggregate plans or targets by SKU and location
Time: Understand the past, present or future by flexibly analyzing your data at any time interval
○ Seamless switch between partner and internal fiscal calendars
○ Granularity matching (e.g., weekly to daily)
○ Forecast versioning (tracking different versions over time)
○ Historical comparisons
○ Aggregate or disaggregate plans or targets at the monthly level down to weekly or daily levels
Events: Overlay events like promotions, displays, product launches on the relevant SKUs, locations and time periods
Once your data is collected and harmonized, Alloy’s predictive analytics and forecasting engines create forward-looking views of your supply chain so you can anticipate stockouts and predict demand.
Simulated Metrics: Metrics that predict future states to help you sense, prioritize and diagnose problems
○ Projected weeks-of supply
○ Projected inventory on-hand
○ Phantom inventory
○ Lost sales $ / Spoils $
Forecasting: Choose from nine different out-of-the-box models, as well as internal or retailer forecasts
○ Use sell-through or sell-in as your baseline
○ Recommendation engine to help with model selection
○ Models include feed-forward neural networks, machine learning, ARIMA, GAM, etc
○ Forecast versioning
- Data status page (keep track of recency, availability)
- Dynamic caching
- Source credential management
- Failure recovery
- User roles with dashboards and data permissions
- Ongoing support from Alloy’s data operations team
Reduce guess work – Stop operating your business in the dark. By incorporating real-time consumer demand signals and up-to-date inventory status, you can make better-informed decisions faster. And predictive forecasting capabilities let you get ahead of potential issues before they cost your business.
Collaborate seamlessly – Break down the silos between your data and your teams. Build trust by aligning inventory planning, demand planning, sales, marketing, finance and operations teams around a single source of information, on a single intuitive platform.
Take action on what matters – Your plan will always diverge from your reality — the question is by how much? Alloy lets brands identify and resolve the exceptions that will make the biggest impact so they can focus attention and take on action on what matters most.